1st Layer: Personal Finance
- Give/Save/Spend Concepts
- How to Create a Budget
- Money and Family (single, married/spouses, kids)
- Debt and Credit Scores
- Protecting your Personal Identity
- Real Estate and Mortgages (rent vs. own)
- Vehicles (buy, finance, lease, sell, donate)
- Accounting and Financial Terms
2nd Layer: Trusts/Family Office/Multigenerational Wealth
- Why Families do Estate Planning
- Basics of a Trust and the Role of a Trustee/Beneficiary
- Definitions and Commonly Used Acronyms around a Family Office
- Explaining Financial Statements – Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, etc.
- How to Say No (creating scripts for different “opportunities” in giving/investing)
- Investments (Stocks/Bonds, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Impact, Hedge)
Above are examples of topics we typically address. Our primary education clients are heirs, widows, divorcees and professional athletes. We can work with a client to design and implement a custom curriculum to meet their financial education goals.
Burgher Haggard doesn’t sell financial products so there is not a conflict of interest.
Burgher Haggard understands the complexity around wealth and multigenerational family systems.